Some cars need no introduction such as this Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe, but like some brands alike HRE Performance Wheels is a brand that needs no introduction as they are globally renowned for their amazing forged wheels.Read More›
As we’re the new (enthusiastic!) partners of HRE Performance Wheels in Malaysia, today we’d like to showcase a set of HRE FlowForm FF01 wheels equipped on a BMW F80 M3 with photos provided courtesy of HRE USA.Read More›
As the brawny supercars tend to attract the most attention on our articles, we decided to bring you a short showcase on a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG equipped with Vorsteiner V-FF 106 wheels. The V-FF 106’s contrast perfectly with the Merc’s funky Candy Apple Green body.Read More›
THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS
This specialized process begins with a low pressure type of casting and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the high cost of the forging.
- An initial casting unique to flow forging technology is placed onto a steel rim mold and prepped to be processed.
- After that, extensive heat and pressure is applied using three individual rollers to shape the aluminium to the rim mold.
- As the wheel rotates, the individually shaped rollers fortify the barrel to the specified width and density allowing for a stronger wheel using less material.
- The rollers then finish shaping the barrel as the aluminium hardens in a streamlined and seamless direction for increased strength and lighter weight. As the manufacture of the wheel is wrapped up, the wheel is removed from the mold and then and prepped for the drilling of the the lug nut slots.
- Lastly, after the lug nut slots have been drilled, the painting of the desired finish begins.
PROCESSES IN PICTURE (ARRANGED IN ORDER OF MANUFACTURING PROCESS)
Vorsteiner V-FF: Leading The Industry
Vorsteiner’s Flow Forged technology produces wheels that are lighter in weight compared to a conventional cast construction but yet substantially stronger. The majority of surplus weight can be shaved by the use of less but stronger aluminium. In addition to that, Vorsteiner meticulously reduces the weight of the wheel utilizing back-pad pocketing as well as front and rear spoke pocketing.Read More›
The BMW i8 Hybrid raised the standards of supercars when it was first launched back in 2014. Who ever thought that the German automaker would release such a vehicle that would do 0-100km/h in under 4 seconds in some cases but yet maintain a cool 2.1 litres of petrol consumption per 100km. However, despite its ultra-futuristic looks, Vorsteiner‘s vision to create car customisation options of top notch quality has lead them to develop a program exclusively for the BMW i8 Hybrid, pushing the technological envelope even further of the car customisation options that they offer.Read More›
Based in Leonberg (Hoefingen), Germany, TECHART is an exclusive premium brand offering customisation options of any Porsche model. Established in 1987, TECHART exclusively specialises in Porsche tuning and aesthetics.
All genuine TECHART products are the result of this maxim:
- in-house design and modelbuilding, aerodynamic optimization in the wind-tunnel
- computer aided development processing
- high-precision tooling for Polyurethane-RIM series production
- type-approvals, part certification and homologation
- verification of material performance and crashworthiness
- trouble-free installation, finishing and servicing at authorized service centers
- component and track testing secures performance and every day use suitability
- premium quality raw materials such as PU-RIM, carbon fiber, hand selected leather hides and precious woods
This heavy makeover pictured in the following images started off with the owner of this pristine Alpine White BMW F30 320i paying us a visit, seeking to refresh his BMW. Being an aftermarket specialist, we always do our best to cater towards the needs & demands of our clients beyond just a simple set of wheels and as such the owner of this 320i demanded an extra touch of aggression whilst maintaining the elegance and class of that proud Bavarian badge.Read More›
Following our recent debut as the exclusive Malaysian distributor of HRE Performance Wheels, shown here in the following images are one of the first few customers who have equipped they’re vehicle with HRE’s iconic FlowForm FF01 wheels.Read More›
Without fail, Vorsteiner’s wheel manufacturing technology has pushed the envelope of what is technologically achievable and available on aftermarket products. Vorsteiner’s Flow Forged wheel lineup (known as Vorsteiner V-FF wheels), are renowned for their quality and performance, with an exceptional strength to weight ratio. On average, Vorsteiner’s V-FF wheels are about 25-30% lighter than a comparable sized die cast wheel.Read More›
At Autofuture Design, quality is our top priority. With that in mind, we are happy to introduce HRE Performance Wheels as a new brand added into our portfolio. HRE has recently (back in 2015) launched their new and upcoming range of FlowForm wheels. The idea of the new product range was to bring forward a wheel that is balanced in both aesthetics and performance with a more affordable price tag.Read More›